11 August 2005

ANU concert series

Keep an eye on the ANU School of Music website for concerts. They are mostly from the classical school, but often enough from the Jazz School. There's a lot happening at the School, mostly for $15 adult entry. Nice to see these people in small, intimate surroundings, although I can miss the noise and commotion of a club venue when I attend concerts like these.

Tonight I challenged myself with Fritz Hauser, a German drummer, playing with Gary France and ANU's DRUMatix. Drums as soundscape, without the rhythm. I thought of Ellington's "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing", but the performance really demanded more seriousness that that.

See the ANU School of Music website http://www.anu.edu.au/music or contact the Concert Manager to get on the mailing list for program of performances.

No comments: